18 lessons/15 hours per week
1 lesson = 50 minutes
15 students per class maximum
The Vacation English Programm offers basic instruction in the fundamental skills of English while still allowing a plenty of time for students to explore the many fascinating cultural and entertaiment attractions near the School.
You'll have 18 Core classes per week. Core Class is an integrated skill class offered in 9 level of difficulty, it includes instruction in listening, speaking, reading and writing in a communicative style. Students also benefit from readers, Language Extension Days and the School's English Everywhere tools. (3 hours per day).
All students of this course enjoy these exceptional features:
- Nine levels of study from low beginner to high advanced (9 levels).
- Small class sizes of 15 or less, guaranteeing individual attention from your teacher.
- Core Class emphasizing the four key language skills: speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Exclusive program with weekly Hot Sheets, involving your host family, activity guides and staff in your learning process. For each week of the curriculum, the School provides color-coded Hot Sheets with important words, structures and conversation starters to learn that week. You can keep the sheet with you during the week to remind yourself of the week’s lessons.
Songs, movies and internet sites on the Hot Sheets give you ideas to take your English learning into new parts of your daily routine! Check out one of our suggested movies, or ask your homestay family some of our conversation starters.
- Language Extension activities once per term, introducing students to new aspects of American life, the local community and seasonal events.
- Class readers, specially chosen for each level, provide extensive, stimulating reading practice, and make you familiar with classic and contemprorary American books.
- Weekly English Tests and individualized progress reports every four weeks.
- Access to college computer facilities, libraries and labs.
- Access to numerous free activities and specially priced excursions.
- Certificate of Completion upon successful graduation from each level.
- The School's partnership with Universal Placement Program provides free college and university placement for students who attend classes of 8 weeks or more.
- Personalized counseling and academic assistance.
- The unique English Everywhere tools guide you trough each week of your curriculum, with key vocabulary and idioms, conversation staters, and songs and movies from American Culture.