20 hours per week
Timetable: Monday to Friday 9.30 – 13.30
1 lesson = 55 minutes
Activity programme included
Main objectives of the junior Spanish program:
• To learn Spanish in a friendly and healthy multicultural environment.
• Help students practice their newly acquired language skills without leaning upon their own family to communicate in their place.
• Experience the culture and traditions of a country and city through supervised excursions and activities.
• Study and play while enjoying nature.
• Make international friends and expand social circle relations.
• Build student character and enrich interactions through various sports activities.
• To live a new experience each day.
Lessons The Spanish course is the most important part of the junior programme. Classes are held daily and homework assigned. The teachers are demanding and only Spanish is spoken in the classroom. During the four hour daily classes, students study and practise all aspects of the Spanish language: grammar, composition, vocabulary and, most of all, conversation Junior students are often placed in general classes with participants of all ages. If a group of teenagers of the same level comes to Madrid to study together, they may benefit from a customized group program with closed classes as well.
Activities The Junior Course includes cultural, sports and many other activities all included. A different activity is planned for each day except Sunday, including: visits to museums, group events, a day at the swimming pool and excursions and field trips outside Madrid. Meeting young people from other countries is a rewarding part of the programme, broadening the students' view of the world. The activities permit and encourage these contacts. All activities are supervised by IH Madrid personnel.