Full-board accommodation in an experienced teacher's home in a single room
10 hours of General English private lessons + 3 cultural visits per week
Arrival on Sunday, departure on Sunday
You stay in an experienced teacher's family home, have one-to-one lessons, enjoy three meals a day with members of the family and then continue to use the language during the rest of your stay.
Our language courses are designed around your specific needs and because you are the only student you are guaranteed individual attention! All of our teachers have a university degree (or equivalent) or a recognized teaching certificate.
You will not be led page by page through a textbook but be given an experience in living the language you are studying - the teacher is concerned only with YOUR individual requirements because you are the only student!
You need speak ONLY the language you want to learn from the moment you arrive to the moment you leave during meals, activities, your family's social life - you really will be living the language and culture and be amazed at your progress!
You will also have informal activities - activities outside the classroom with your teacher to improve your language skills even more! They are a very good way to practise your language skills outside lessons.
The 1 week program includes:
• Bus Tour: Choose 1 from the following 3 routes*: The Yellow route (the original route), the Red route (the City sightseeing tour) or the Blue route (includes the two main tour routes as well as museums & shopping districts).
• Walking Tour: Choose 1 from the following walks*:
1. Changing of the Guards: See Buckingham Palace, St James’s Palace and the regiments that guard them in this exciting walk as you march alongside the guards at Buckingham Palace
2. Rock’N’Roll: Walk through the heart of the capital’s rocking heritage (Beatles, Rolling Stones, David Bowie & Sex Pistols)
3. Jack the Ripper: Walk in the footsteps of the world’s most infamous serial killer as his murderous tale is revealed from the dark streets of Whitechapel in 1888
• River Cruise
• Choose 1 from the following: Madame Tussauds, London Dungeon, Tower of London, London Aquarium, Kensington Palace, St Paul’s Cathedral, London Eye
* the choice will be made with the teacher upon arrival, as these will depend on times of visit and the choice of visit.