20 lessons of French per week (15 hours)
Initial level test: Monday morning 8.30am to 10am
French lessons: Monday 10.10am to 12.30pm - from Tuesday to Friday 9am to 12.30pm (20min break)
Levels: elementary (A1) to intermediate (B1).
• Development of all 4 main language skills (speaking, reading, writing and listening) with a focus on oral communication: teachers encourage students to interact as much as possible and actively use what they learn in class.
• Native speakers, university-graduate teachers
• Dedicated classes for teens in the School Sainte-Marie in Biarritz:14 students per class maximum
Surf or Multi-activities sessions - 4 sessions per week
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday afternoons
• Surf option:
o 4 sessions of 1.5 hours, on the “Plage des Corsaires” in Anglet which offers a wide range of waves for all levels. Timetable will vary according to the tides and weather conditions.
o Fully-qualified instructors from our partner surf school.
o Lessons adapted to the needs and levels of the participants: groups of 8 students maximum.
o All material provided by the surf school (wetsuits and boards).
• Multi-activities option:
o 4 sport initiation sessions per week: rock climbing, rafting, hiking, sea-kayaking, golf, surf…
o The programme changes every day and every week: you will practice 4 different sports during the week
o Each activity is supervised by a qualified professional or a France Langue representative
o Groups of 8 to 12 students
• Social activities to allow students to practice French together before or after the activity: football matches, beach volley contests, quizzes, photo contests, treasure hunts…
• Excursions to discover the Basque country: half-day excursion on Wednesday afternoon and full-day excursion on Saturday (Bayonne, St Jean de Luz, St Jean Pied de Port, Espelette, la Rhune…)
• Evenings to encourage interaction: 3 evening activities per week (evening on the beach, bowling, cinema…). The other evenings are spent with the family to practise French.
A group leader runs the activity programme and supervises the students. The supervision ratio is 1 to 8 for water activities and 1 to 12 for other activities and excursions.
Students can either walk or take the bus together to school. All the details will be given before the start of the course.
Host families will also be able to help with the itinerary. Bus pass not included (approx. 12€ per week).
Return transfers are included from Biarritz airport or train station. Host families will pick the students up on arrival and drop them off on departure. Students should arrive on Sunday afternoon and leave on Saturday morning.
Travel details must be confirmed 15 days before arrival (point of arrival, time, flight number...).
A signed authorisation from parents is required if students are allowed out unaccompanied during the free evenings (with a curfew).
The school also requires a signed health form for each student (with medical history and requirements).